NewToTablets Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x2 Battery drained quickly when in sleep mode

HP Pavilion x2

I am having an issue with my battery draining quickly after I put the HP Pavilion x2 in sleep mode.  It doesn't drain completely as some others have mentioned, but it does seem to drain fairly quickly in comparison to other laptops I have had.  Am I doing something wrong with how I put it in sleep mode?  I press the button on the top left of the screen/tablet.  Please let me know if you can help me.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18456 1198 1928
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion x2 Battery drained quickly when in sleep mode

Hi @NewToTablets,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out :)

As I understand the laptop's battery is discharging while it's in a sleep mode state and you need assistance in resolving this concern, I have a few suggestions for you,

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Checking the Status of the Battery using the HP Battery Check it’s a utility in HP Support Assistant that provides a simple but accurate test results for the battery.

The maximum capacity of all batteries decreases with time and use. Loss of battery capacity varies with product configuration and usage, including but not limited to product model, applications running, power management settings, and product features. The battery warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship that result in failure; it does not cover natural deterioration of battery capacity. To determine if a battery has had a warranted failure, you may need to run additional diagnostics.

To get the latest version of the HP Battery Check, download and install HP Support Assistant

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

I would suggest please update the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation