cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Simplepass

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was having an issue with my Simplepass extension for Chrome. I'm not sure if it was recently updated, but suddenly it started putting in the wrong passwords on all of the websites that I use it for. It still worked for logging into Windows, but didn't work for anything else. 

I checked the forum, and the only solution I could find was to uninstall and reinstall, so I uninstalled. When I went to reinstall, I clicked on find more extensions for Chrome. I searched for the simplepass extension, and then for simply hp, but the simplepass wasn't available.

Has the extension been trashed?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,532 27,292 2,413 8,897
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Croz79

The most recent version of HP SimplePass (released a bit over a year ago) reportedly works with Chrome.  (Well, it did so a while back...)

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bit

If you are not running this version, you can likely "overload" it (install it over the top of existing SimplePass version 8.xx).  Restart the computer after the software is installed.

To be fair, Windows 10 has changed a lot in the last several months and Chrome has itself been updated several times since the last time I was able to check the SimplePass Software (not using it on my current notebooks).

You can ask Softex about this.

Open the SimplePass Store > Support > FAQ page > Click on question:

What Browsers are SimplePass compatible with?

Click on the request for help and submit your inquiry.

You might need to create a UserID and login at the SimplePass Store to send in a request for help / information.  NOTE:  The store won't plague you with ads or the like, the login is benign.  Since your SimplePass is not storing passwords correctly right now, write down your login so you don't lose it.

Good Luck.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks Dragon-Fur
I don't have the simplepass installed anymore bc I uninstalled it. The problem is I couldn't find it to reinstall.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Croz79

OK..  I thought you are looking for the Chrome extension so you can use HP SimplePass with Chrome browser.

There are several parts to the setup:

•  Synaptics / Validity Driver for the fingerprint reader (must be updated / functional)
  •  PIN number for login (required by Windows 10)
  •  Working "Windows login" using fingerprint reader

I am assuming you have the first three items working...

Added after the first part is updated / working / functional:

• SimplePass program that is rated for Windows 10

sp76923 HP SimplePass V8.01.62A W7-W10 32/64bit

After you install HP SimplePass, Restart the computer and log in.

• Browser extension for Chrome / Firefox / Internet Explorer

If necessary, Import a backup of your Vault to reinstate your passwords:

• HP SimplePass Control > navigate to the My Vault page > click Import
  • Navigate to the folder to which your exported your Vault data and select the file to import.
  • After / if you Import your Vault data, Restart the computer and log in

I believe the SimplePass program will ask / offer / provide the extension for Chrome.   The extension might need to be "enabled" within Chrome, though I don't remember that being the case.

If, after you install SimplePass, you cannot add / find the extension for Chrome, ask Softex. 

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks again
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Croz79

You are welcome.

I hope it works out.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation