Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (66 Views)

How can I can the email address on my admin user account, without losing everything?

Product Name: hp pavillion

When my ex-husband and I were married we bought an hp laptop together and signed-up the one and only user account (administrator) with his email address. I kept the laptop for college and now I would like the have my email address attached to that one and only administrator user account instead of his.

Problem, my ex-husband changed his email password so I can't login to microsoft online to access "the more account settings" option. So whatever that does, I can't access it, so that is out. I can still log onto the laptop though.

Question, there is a disconnect option. Will this erase the administrator user all together, as well as everything associated with the account, i.e. documents, files, pictures, etc.?

How do I or is it even possible to change the email address on the current administrator user account without affecting anything?

Thank you,

Kristin

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (50 Views)

Re: How can I can the email address on my admin user account, without losing everything?

I'm surprised you can still login with the password if he changed it online. You could try changing it to "Sign in with a local account" in Settings,Accounts, Your Info. That way you will simply login with your name and a password. His email acct will still be there but at least maybe you won't get locked out if it detects password to that email acct has been changed. In Settings, Accounts, Email and App accounts add your email.

Not sure about the "Disconnect" option. He may have set it up to connect to his work email or resources. Mine has never been setup so I only have "Connect".

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation