Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mezoraven
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to Input CT number to restore my laptop.

HP Notebook - 15-ac108na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop was working fine then out of the blue its decided that system board 00a has an errror that the CT number is invalid.

i have the CT number and all other product details. does anyone know how i can input this and get my laptop working again as this issue is affecting my laptops functionality. specifically the recognising that the AC is plugged in.

cheers and thank you

Mezoraven

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,218
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mezoraven,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you need assistance with your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you recently replaced the motherboard? 

If you have recently replaced the motherboard and since then having the issue, this could be that the data on the motherboard is erased only way to get it back is to either tattoo the motherboard or replace it.

You would have to Contact HP for a hardware service as the motherboard may require a tattoo/Bios Flash.  

Any other way of unlocking the BIOS is not authorized by HP.  

For more details, please go through this link: HP PCs - Product Information Not Valid Error Displays before the Computer Starts

I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Mezoraven
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and no no new software or hardware other than the updates that HP's and windows send out the laptop has never been changed it was working fine that day I was using it off the AC the battery got low took me a bit longer to find the AC and the laptop when into standby mode and then when plugged into the AC the the computer had decide that this had now happened.
0 Kudos
Mezoraven
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How ever I have been looking around and this is a common issue with your notebook products at around this time.
0 Kudos
David_J_W
Level 7
917 915 87 251
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The software tools to 'tattoo' CT numbers and other device specific data into the BIOS chip are distributed only to HP Service Centres and are not publicly available. You will either need to pay a HP Service Centre to work on your system or work with HP Support to see if they are prepared to arrange a repair for you.

0 Kudos
David214
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have this same issue where the CT number in the Bios is HP yet I got the proper CT number from using some hp diagnostic tools but can’t seem to find how to input the value because it won’t allow it from the bios startup menu.

my laptop too does not recognize the power cord when plugged in but will charge the battery when it’s depleted

Philmurf
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Seems the only issue is to pay hp. Costs of around £300. Seems to be yet another scam. If anyone knows how to resolve this please reply. Thanks 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation