cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to disable/enable Fn key when Gaming

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p079sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So my laptop has keyboard functionality to adjust brightness and etc with using F1...F12 keys. I actually like that. The problem is: when I play video games, I need to press those F1...F12 buttons quickly, but I need to press Fn key ALSO to use F1...F12 keys' normal functionality and it really annoys me. And YES, I KNOW THAT BIOS THING, but as I mentioned I like that functionality when not gaming so I don't want to restart everytime I exit/start my game. I have seen that some manufacturers' laptops have software support to disable/enable that feature temporarily without restarting and changing something in BIOS, but I haven't found anything like that on my HP LAPTOP, I AM REALLY TIRED OF THIS HP CRAP, MY LAPTOP HAS PROBLEMS IN EVERY STEP.

if you can suggest something, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,420 86,302 10,977 23,580
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following instructions:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply, but that doesn't solve my problem completely. If I do that I can play video games without Fn, but when I exit I still need Fn keys but at this time for those adjustments (brightness and etc). I need something to temporarily disable/enable the need of Fn key.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation