Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to upgrade my original win 8 to win 10

HP NOTE book
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I updated to win 10 once then I recovered win 8 for some reason but now I want o update but the windows not showing the update for win10
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
16349 16292 1514 3613
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kani1

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

That's because when MS finally shut down the Free Upgrade program, they gave in to the community pressure to stop trying to force folks to upgrade to Win10 -- so they removed the software from PC that was pressuring folks.

If you want to upgrade now, you will have to use this link to create the installation media:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

When you have that made, insert it into your PC (do NOT boot from it!) and, if the setup window does not open automatically, then open the drive containing the media, and right-click on setup.exe and run it.

Since your PC was already running Win10, it is already registered with MS, so when the installer asks for a product key, then skip over that.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Kani1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I done this it is activate the win 10 or not?
Otherwise we have to purchase productkey again?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
16349 16292 1514 3613
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your PC is already registered with Microsoft as running Win10 -- so when you do the upgrade again, SKIP over the window that asks for a product key -- as MS already has your activation information.

When you finally boot into Win10 and connect to the Internet, MS will automatically reactivate Win10 on your PC.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation