Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion e049wm plugged in, not charging

Pavilion e049wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I had this laptop for about two years then suddenly it stopped charging. The battery is saying plugged in, not charging and is at 11%. If i plug out the ac adapter the laptop will instantly shut off. The only thing is that the laptop fell of the bed about 50 cm tall, this happened 4 months before laptop stopped charging.Also the orange led charging light is constantly blinking.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 952 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion e049wm plugged in, not charging

Hi @Greg3Dot,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that your battery is not charging on your HP Pavilion Notebook and I feel I will be of assistance to you. 

This document has some troubleshooting for you to go through for checking the battery and the AC adapter. 

You may also want to try testing and calibrating the battery

I look forward to your response with the results!

If you found this information was helpful please take a moment to click the Thumbs Up or Accept as Solution if it solved your battery charging issue.

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation