Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion power - 15-cb518tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name of the laptop is  "Hp Pavilion Power - 15-cb518tx"

It is running Microsoft Windows 10 (64 bit) operating system.

It has a graphic card of NVIDIA  GEFORCE GTX 1050

It runs on Intel 7th gen HQ processor.

it generates a lot of heat while using in load or in general as well for that matter. That is why I am looking for a solution to boost it's fan speed a little without harming the hardware of laptop and increase its efficiency by decreasing the temperature of the laptop.

I have undervoted this laptop by using intel extreme utility but it was also of no magnificent help to me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Atulchhikara 

Sorry, but while there are utilities that will let you SLOW down the fan (which, I do NOT recommend using), there is nothing that will force the fan to run faster as that requires a different fan with a higher rotating top speed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Atulchhikara 

Sorry, but while there are utilities that will let you SLOW down the fan (which, I do NOT recommend using), there is nothing that will force the fan to run faster as that requires a different fan with a higher rotating top speed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I have mentioned the specs above...now the thing is my laptop heats up a lot eveytime.

At times when i am playing some games the frame rates lower down to even 5 or 10 frames per second because of the heat generated in the machine.

Not just the gpu instead both the gpu and cpu do thermal throttle in my laptop... Can you suggest me something regarding this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.