Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
dk_28 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incorrect Warranty date

HP 250 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased new HP 250 G4 from tesco direct on 15 June 2016. 

My laptop is showing warranty left of only 8 months.

I have the receipt from tesco direct. 

Please sort out the issue asap.

Thanks

DK

2 REPLIES
Retired Omar-E
Retired
10015 119 416
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incorrect Warranty date

@dk_28

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
14032 1327 3147
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Incorrect Warranty date

dk_28

Warranty periods are set such that they extend for 1 year from the date the PC was originally built.

But, since it can sit on a shelf for weeks, or months, when someone then purchases that PC, the first thing they need to do is REGISTER the PC with HP.  That resets the ending date to one year from the date of registration.

We don't handle warranty issues on this forum, so if you need help with that, you need to contact HP Customer Service.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation