1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard Issue

Pavillion 17t, i7 6500u, 256sd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Support,

This is only an issue for gaming. Whenever I play first person shooter games, or games requiring me to press the keys W,A,S,D to move around, one of them remain in motion as if it were still being pressed down on. It acts like the sticky key feature. However, the sticky key feature isn't on. I would normally just have to tap it again to deactivate. The same problem doesn't affect typing. Looked at all of the keyboard properties and software updates, but nothing was wrong. 

I am using the standard ps/2 keyboard. I just got this laptop just over a week ago amd theres no dirt or physical problem with the laptop.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
46281 40542 4386 11296
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard Issue

IF there is only an issue present during gaming, then that would tend to lead me towards a problem with the software in use when the issue occurs.   

Have you tried using the keyboard options in the game rto change the WASD key assignment to the arrow keys?  See if that works.

Normally games have their own forum where users with issues can get help to resolve their  problem with the software.

Steam has a very useful forums that I have used to resolve issues with the games that I play.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation