Justicesocks
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

Pavillion 11 X2 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My Notebook keyboard has stopped working. The touchpad appears to be ok. Also the battery light does not work although the battery charges ok. The virtual keyboard is ok.

I have reset the unit back to factory settings which did not solve the problem. Windows 10 has been installed and uninstalled on the reset but the keyboard remained faulty. Everything was perfect until I passed through airport security a few days ago, although this unit has been through several times before.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

Hi @Justicesocks,

Welcome to HP Forums!

I have read your post, and understand the keyboard stopped working. I want to assist you in this matter.

Please follow the document below to troubleshoot your keyboard:

HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know your troubleshooting results.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Justicesocks
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

I have uninstalled keyboard from device manager, restarted, but the keyboard does not work. I tried this several times.

Is there anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

Hi @Justicesocks,

Thank you for the reply.

You can run the component test in the hardware tests to test the keyboard:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

If the test failed, you may need to replace the keyboard.

If your laptop is still in the warranty, you may contact HP Support to arrange a repair:

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

If your laptop is out of warranty, you can refer to this manual to replace the keyboard. Here is the HP Parts Store. Or you can use an external USB connected keyboard instead of the original keyboard.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Justicesocks
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

Thanks for your reply.  The test for hardware failure looks a complicated business and I do not know enough about computers to proceed with this. I have read the articles and it requires the use of F2 and esc keys. Slight problem there.....mine don't work!

I must say I am very disappointed with a HP product that lasts just two years. I thought I was buying quality with HP but obviously not.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 331
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keyboard faulty.

Hi @Justicesocks,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation