AbuQumair
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop goes to sleep randomly

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP EliteBook 8570p
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased this laptop over a year, but a major issue I am having is that it seems to randomly go into sleep mode. There is no period of inactivity, and all power settings related to sleep/hibernate are set to "never".

I can be using the machine for anything from 20 minutes to an hour with nothing out of the ordinary happening, then the fan starts to go loud and fast, then suddenly the screen goes black, into sleep mode and everything is then quiet.

I press the power button which then brings me to the "enter your password" screen, and everything is normal again. Except 5 minutes later, the same thing happens again, and its will repeat this over and over.

Any questions, please ask, but I would love to know why this is doing this!

Thanks, Faisal

3 REPLIES 3
Sno-ulf
Level 2
17 17 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Faisal,

Have you tried updating your BIOS? That has solved some other similar issues people are having with Windows 10. You can start here.

I am not an employee of HP.
0 Kudos
JoeNaples
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Updating the BIOS did not help. Any updates or progress?

0 Kudos
829 819 40 90
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation