cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nuances
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ms office 2016 is asking me to activate it, but i have lost the disks of windows 10 pro notebook

HP Recommended
HP 250 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I did not know that I could not refuse Microsoft Windows 10 upgrades, so being angered by the changed interface and other things, i tried to reinstall the original windows 10 pro from the internet. After doing so, MS Word, is now constantly asking me to activate it. I searched for the disks, but cannot find them. So i need help, how can i get the activation key back or from somewhere?. My notebook is barely two years old, and I only have 2 months warranty remaining for hp support.

Please help, and thanks.

Nuances.

1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 41,846 4,651 12,425
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MS office was not a freebie. MS Word was part of it. The professional version is in the neighborhood of $400.00 usd.

There is an online version that Microsoft provides that is free to use. It does not have all of the premium features of the paid versions. Use the following URL to access the online version. You will need to sign in with a Microsoft Hotmail or Live account.

https://products.office.com/en/office-online/documents-spreadsheets-presentations-office-online

You will need to purchase a Microsoft Office license activation key from Microsoft or use the free online version.

I am not an HP Employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation