Ivan2018
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

New notebook is too slow.

HP Recommended
HP 250 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, this is my new notebook W4N50EA. Hope you help me... I bought it a couple weeks ago just for two modes of use:

first - navigating internet

second - watching videos via internet.

Both do not function well.

Internet pages open in about 2-3 seconds, it is too slow.

Videos... videos are only ok if resolution is 360 and below. 480 or higher means that the video is always delayed: it starts, it stops  (not responding, then it resume playing after 5-6 seconds), it goes further it stops...

To rule out other problems: internet speed is 100 mbit per second, the films plays very well on another notebook.

So my thinking is that I do not know smth about this HP notebook, may be there are some functions that are not activated?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,792 32,914 3,069 7,574
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ivan2018

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sounds like you are watching videos over the Internet -- and my guess is that you are using Edge, the default Browser in Win10.

That is a mistake as Edge continues to have lots of problems.

You should try using Internet Explorer or Firefox Quantum -- and see what happens then.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ivan2018
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply! In fact, this is the first thing I changed when I realized the problem. It did not influence anything - Edge and Firefox turned to be alike.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation