98 74 1 12
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Odd mouse issue after waking from sleep

Hp Envy 17-N152SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI

I have noticed on two occasions now when I wake the notebook from sleep the mouse pointer stays over the left hand lower corner and the menus keep flashing up as if it is pressing the button but the pointer/trackpad is unresponsive... after a couple of minutes it is OK again.. any ideas why? 

As I say I have had the notebook 5 weeks now and it has only done it twice and both times when waking:) normal power up after shut down is OK 

Stuart

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 4
98 74 1 12
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if this is driver related....

On the 9th it installed automatically the "Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad" driver now version 19.2.4.10 was 19.2.4.0 from out of the box... Could this be the cause?

I have had it in sleep mode for about 90 mins tonight and when opening the lid the trackpad was totally unresponsive for quite a while with menus flashing open, Cortana opening and closing... all without me doing anything...

Should I roll back the driver?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
98 74 1 12
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just used the driver "Roll Back" button in device manager to go back to the original "Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad" driver, version 19.2.4.0 that was installed from day one, to see if that cures this odd issue.... 

On the 9th September Windows update changed this to 19.2.4.10 which is around the time the issue started so "fingers crossed" this is the issue ... Seems strange the trackpad was OK after waking from sleep prior to this... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 339
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Stuartunstall,

Welcome to HP Forums. Library for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Pointing devices not working after the PC wakes from sleep. Is that right?

I will definitely help you.

Since the issue started only after installing the new update. Try installing the old version by downloading it from the link below and check if that works.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74369.exe

Let me know if that helped.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
98 74 1 12
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the reply.. 

I did try a "roll back" of the driver but that did not seem to cure it 100% so I then reinstalled using the recovery manager which when I tried it in sleep for about 45 mins did seems to cure the issue.. 

I am going to test it again but leave it in sleep mode for a while longer... 

Seems the latest automatically downloaded driver is not suitable.. 

I really think Mocrosoft need to give the consumer the choice back, not just install updates... 

Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 339
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@StuartTunstall,

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear that the issue kind of got fixed.

Anyways you can surely reach out HP Forums any time for any assistance for your HP Product.

Cheers

Resolv_S

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Level 4
98 74 1 12
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So far so good with the original driver package... I have tried 3 times today, a couple of 30 mins and one about 90 mins and it worked perfect, woke up and no trackpad issues... 

Will test over the next few days 🙂 

Stuart

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,304 3,302 178 339
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@StuartTunstall,

Thanks for sharing the update.

Seems you have fixed the issue. Kudos from me.

Cheers.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

Highlighted
Level 4
98 74 1 12
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you 🙂 

Well seems oK so far... 

Really think Microsoft should bting back the option to choose updates... 😉 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation