Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (802 Views)

Pavilion x2 hdmi output not working

I have a pavilion x2 notebook/tablet and I am trying to connect it to a second moniter. The moniter only has a dvi and a vga port and the computer only has a hdmi port, so i bought this cable -- Link to Amazon Page --. The computer simply does not detect the moniter, no matter what we try, we think it is a problem with the hdmi driver, but we are not sure.

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (774 Views)

Re: Pavilion x2 hdmi output not working

[ Edited ]

Hello @JuanWoe ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you;re having issues connecting to an external monitor with your DVI to HDMI adapter cable.

Can you tell me if a VGA connection works?

You might want to try going through this document for some basic help: Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 8). This article has a section specifically for connecting with adapters.

You may be correct about it being a driver issues. Without knowing which product or operating system you have I can't help much in that area. 

For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

Hopefully that document works for you. If not let me know and provide the product and operating system in your reply. Smiley Happy

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation