Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (331 Views)

Plugged in not charging

Product Name: Pavilion 15 ab237

Hi all,

My laptop ( HP pavilion 15-ab237na) is plugged in to the charger. When I click the battery icon on the task bar it says it is plugged in but not charging . However it is also not losing charge whilst plugged in. 

It is relatively new, I got it in January. 

I'm very confused as to why it is not charging and want to know if there is a way I can easily and quickly fix this.

Help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: Plugged in not charging

greenapples21

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about your PC not charging and wanted to help.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter | HP® Customer Support

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) | HP® Customer Support

If either of these are shown as failing, or even not, with a new PC, you should not be having these problems.

My suggestion is for you to contact HP Customer Support to see about maintence and replacement options available to you under the warranty.  If HP can not fix it, then you should be able to insist on a replacement -- at no charge!

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekend, so you may have to wait until Monday to contact them.

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation