Elemmon
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Problem Resetting This PC

HP Recommended
HP 250 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to reset my PC as I started getting errors around windows tools when I used them, This is a new laptop and I have had it for only a little over 2 months so I was worried and contacted microsoft as when I tried resetting my Laptop I got there was a problem resetting your PC, I was given several tools that supposivly have never failed In order to reset Windows on my PC therefore resetting my PC as well but they did not work. I was then asked if WIndows came Pre installed and I said yes and was told to come here, I have already tried the method of removing the battery but that doesnt seem to work either so I need help from a HP expert to guide me through a factory reset option without having to use Windows as that is corrupt 

7 REPLIES 7
Dudefoxlive
Level 9
1,336 1,293 83 174
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The way microsoft wants you to do it is not the best way and i prefere to use the HP recovery Manager to reset an HP computer.  It does put the computer back to factory and even will reset it back to the OS it shipped with but i like that way better.  When you power on the computer please press f11 to see if the Windows Recovery Mode will load.  If so then select troubleshoot and then HP Recovery Manager and from there run the factory reset option.

Please remember to select the answer
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Elemmon
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you, this is helpful however the System recovery option through HP Recover Manager is not highlighted blue and is grey so I cannot click it and reset my computer from that
Dudefoxlive
Level 9
1,336 1,293 83 174
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can you send me a picture of the option greyed out?
Elemmon
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Okay may I get an email or something to send it to
You ?
Dudefoxlive
Level 9
1,336 1,293 83 174
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
There should be an image upload option in the reply box
Elemmon
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IMG_0131 (1).JPG

Dudefoxlive
Level 9
1,336 1,293 83 174
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As usual it does not work. Can you upload it to imgur. Com and send me the link.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation