Level 2
21 13 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Question about SmartSense and mouse disable while typing

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey

I just bought a new HP laptop yesterday and I had an issue with the palmcheck and then after hours of searching I figured out ti's also called SmartSense so I disabled the waiting from SmartSense between typing and using the mouse. But while I am typing I can't use the touchpad so what to do now? I already turned off all the options in smartsense

Thank

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @IsaAl,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with Smart Sense. I will be glad to help you.

Here is a video from youtube on how to disable Smart Sense.

For Windows 10 also need to,  From the Start Menu, open Setting, open Devices and then select Mouse and touchpad.  In the drop down box under Touchpad, select No delay (always on).

Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 13 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,  Thanks for ur reply @

I already did that and didn't work. The only thing changed after doing that is that I don't have to wait for a second or two after pressing any key to use the mouse. So now while I am pressing a key I can't use the mouse. That's my problem now.

I disabled all the SmartSense features and chose no delay and same thing, while pressing a key I can't use the touchpad

so what to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,798 3,735 201 435
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @IsaAl,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Smart Sense is designed to keep people from clicking in error when typing. If you are playing a game and need to type and use mouse same time, I would suggest a USB mouse.  

Hp gaming notebooks come with a USB mouse. 

Hope this helps.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 13 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey again @

But if I want to use the touchpad and keyboard same time what should I do? Some apps require using both same times and not only games and I don't like using mouse I prefer using the touchpad.

Also I have another HP laptop and I can use both at the same time. But in the other laptop I don't have SmartSense but I have Palmcheck.

so what should I do in order to be able to use touchpad and keyboard same time? because it's really annoying 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
21 13 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got another HP laptop and same issue with it

any help how to use the touchpad while pressing any key or typing?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation