cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Reinstalling Microsoft Office 2010 Start Pack

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7-1015ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After having problem with the operating system (windows 10) in my laptop i decide to restore the windows 10.

But after restoring the windows 10 the microsoft office was lost. I contact with microsoft community and after putting the product key to download Microsoft office 10 they sent me this message ''The product key you entered appears to be for software preinstalled by the manufacturer of the device. Contact the manufacturer of the device for software recovery options''. How can i reintall the office in my laptop. Can you help me?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,748 25,681 2,355 5,573
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

misi27

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I wish I had good news for you, but I do not.

According to the HP website, your PC did NOT come with Win10 preinstalled; instead it came with Windows 8.  Which means, you must have done the Win10 Upgrade.  And, at that point, MS Office got carried over into Win10 via the Upgrade.

When you did the Win10 restore, that wiped it out -- since the restore would not reinstall stuff that came preinstalled with Win8.

You can TRY reading this thread to see if anything helps:  How to repair, uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office Starter 2010 | HP® Customer Support

But, if that does not work, you will have to contact HP Customer Support directly to see if anything can be done.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,749 9,657 782 3,635
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @misi27

MS Office 2010 Starter edition is an obsolete version and is no longer officially provided/supported by Microsoft, nor OEM vendors like HP.

Unofficially, you can download it from the Internet including this web site >> http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6255-microsoft-office-starter-2010.html

If you want to continue using it, please, note that Office 2010 Starter edition is limited edition with basic versions of Word/Excel only. You may consider upgrading to newer version of Office - Office 365 subscriptions are available with pay per month option for 5-6 $ per month >> https://products.office.com/en/office-365-personal

This one for 5-6 $ includes full Office versions of quite a lot of Office programs, Skype minutes, OneDrive cloud storage, etc... Office 2013/2016

Hope this helps.

** I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
** Click below on Accept As Solution and ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation