Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sign In and password account information wrongly input

Pavilion Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon first use, daughter inadvertently entered an incorrect Hotmail address (.com instead of .co.uk) as the primary sign in. Also there is an incorrect back up Gmail address (not an e-mail account registered to her) for this incorrect Hotmail  account. Consequently neither of these accounts can be accessed, as they are not hers and we do not have the passwords. How can she change the e-mail address for sign in/admin to her correct e-mail address? Thankfully, she also used a pin number option, which does work, but we want to clear up the e-mail account issues. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 923
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sign In and password account information wrongly input

Greetings @izzyls

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to log in on your computer.

Don't worry, I will be happy to help you. 

Have you tried to log in with the wireless off on the computer?

Is it a new computer?

Did you try to log in with the correct and incorrect password on your computer?

If you have multiple accounts on your computer, you can try logging into the other account and change the password.

Please visit this Microsoft page for assistance in resetting the password. 

Try to log in your computer with the wireless/internet off once, if that does not work have the issue on and try to login. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation