Did you mean: 
AcrissyZ
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Simple pass

Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

image.jpegWhen I try to login by punching in my 4 digit code a pop up screen comes up asking for a simple pass password. At first I thought it was asking for a new password because that's what it says But when I did that it says the password is wrong. So I entered my Microsoft password and the password to the email that is linked to my laptop and even those didn't work. I never signed up for this simple pass so I have no idea what it is. One person said to press exit at the main screen and a menu will pop up which asks if I want to reset my PC. When I press esc, nothing happens. I cannot get around this and it's driving me crazy. The only thing I can do is shut off, put to sleep, or restart my computer. I don't care if I have to reset my PC as long as I can get into it. Someone please help!

1 REPLY 1
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,897 16,698
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Simple pass

Hi,

Try the following.

Shutdown the notebook and leave it like this for 10 seconds.

Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button until you see a 'Windows is loading' message.

On the next screen, select your Keyboard Layout and on the following screen, select Troubleshoot.

Select 'Advanced Options' and then select System Restore.

Click on your Operating System and then wait until the System Restore window opens.

Pick a restore point at least 24 hours before the issue with SimplePass first occurred and then proceed with the system restore.

When complete, the system should boot into Windows as usual - if it does, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP SimplePass and select Uninstall to remove the software.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation