04-20-2017 06:26 AM
The HP Simplepass Firefox extension is not signed, and newer versions of Firefox disable unsigned add ons. Where can I get a signed version of HP Simplepass which works with Firefox?
Or is there a other Program i can use to log in to website with the fingerprint reader of my HP Envy?
04-21-2017 09:29 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you want the signed version of HP Simplepass which works with Firefox as the unsigned version gets disabled.
This issue could occur add-ons are not configured correctly.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
You may try the steps listed below and check:
1. Open Firefox and type in the address bar about:config
2. Search for xpinstall.signatures
3. Right-Click (line) signatures.required then Toggle the line to set the “Value” to false
4. Close Firefox and wait a few seconds.
5. Open Firefox and then Answer questions to install /enable the SimplePass Add-on / Extension
Let me know how this works.
You have a good day ahead.
I am an HP Employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!