Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
chuckglobal Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 tablet mode not working after repair

Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I recently received my spectre x360 back after having a faulty hinge repaired to realize that the autorotation into tablet mode does not work. When the screen flips back the keyboard remains active and the laptop doesn't seem to detect that the screen has been flipped. The lock rotation button is greyed out in both display settings and quick settings.

In my regedit the rotation is set to 0 and I have tried to switch it back to 1 but every time I restart it just goes back to 0.

I have booted my windows back through a system recovery drive I got from HP but the problem still persists.

If anyone could help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14646 1022 1520
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 tablet mode not working after repair

Hi! @chuckglobal, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand that tablet mode is not working on your laptop after the repair.

Please try few steps recommended below.

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type 'regedit' and enter
Registry editor will open up.

Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

Restart your laptop and Auto rotation should work. 

Please let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day! :)

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation