Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Starts up, but then powers down and restarts the process

HP Recommended
Hi, I've just only got a HP laptop/Netbook for Christmas.
I did the set up, that was fine. However I needed to rest the system, so I did. As it rest it got stuck at 54%. I checked to see if I could do anything about it and my sister pressed F2 at the start...

Now, it starts up and has the HP logo for a few seconds (about 15 seconds), then it goes to a blank screen, and finally powers down. However, after a few moments, it restarts again and repeats the process.

Please, I really need help on this. I'm not very techy and I really don't want to make a big deal of it and tell the person who got me the Netbook. Nor do I want to take it to a repairman...
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,701 38,158 3,350 14,088
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have a 1 year warranty with HP. I would suggest calling them for service under warranty. What is the Model/Product number of the laptop? You will need this info when requesting Support help.

Finding Model/Product/Serial number >>http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Contact HP>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation