Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Untoldent
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Toggle FN key?

Is this the correct place to make a feature request?  In addition to Enabled and Disabled options, i would like to see a third option: Toggle.  i want my Fn key to act as a Function Lock Key.  One piece of software i use is very reliant on the function keys, but i don't want to constantly go in and out of the BIOS. Would be much more convenient to set it as toggle (even without an indicator light on the key).  Or is there a piece of software that will help me do this?

1 REPLY 1
Level 1 vsachs
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Toggle FN key?

Hi Duane,

Not sure what PC model you are using, but this may be an option that you can select in the BIOS. Please enter your BIOS settings during boot up and see if you can find it in there.

Alternately, depending on your Operating System, try the FN+esc key combination and that may work.

Good luck!

I am an HP Employee!
Thanks for being an HP Customer!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation