[ Edited ]

Left click not working on this laptop

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (57 Views)

Re: Touchpad left & right click not working

[ Edited ]

Hi @mctx,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you are having issues with the left click on your hp notebook.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Let's start of Uninstalling the touchpad drivers from device manager and install touchpad drivers using HP recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Also, update the BIOS and touchpad drivers using HP support assistant if the issue persists.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists refer this document to further troubleshoot touchpad issues with your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation