Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Proinnsias Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad

Hi,
I was streaming a film last night and the film suddenly stopped and when I tried to resume it my touchpad had stopped working. I have tried to double click the top left corner of the touch pad but that isn't working for me? Do you have any other solutions?
Tags (1)
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16475 1325 2285
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad

@Proinnsias
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help :)

As I understand the touchpad has stopped working,
Don't worry we will take care of this, together :)

I recommend you to uninstall any generic synaptic drivers showing up for the touchpad (if available) under hidden devices from the device manager:

• Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
  • At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

• Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

start devmgmt.msc

• Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.
    NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
  • When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
  • Type exit at the command prompt.

Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices.

And then download a new version of the synaptic drivers using this link: Click here

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation