11-02-2016 08:03 AM
I was streaming a film last night and the film suddenly stopped and when I tried to resume it my touchpad had stopped working. I have tried to double click the top left corner of the touch pad but that isn't working for me? Do you have any other solutions?
11-03-2016 12:17 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help :)
As I understand the touchpad has stopped working,
Don't worry we will take care of this, together :)
I recommend you to uninstall any generic synaptic drivers showing up for the touchpad (if available) under hidden devices from the device manager:
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER:
- Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
- Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.
NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
- When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
- Type exit at the command prompt.
Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices.
And then download a new version of the synaptic drivers using this link: Click here
If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.
Have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee