Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BastianW
Level 5
177 164 12 30
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Unable to install "Essential System Updates for Microsoft Windows 10" (sp79567)

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new Elitebook 850 G5 and just installed Windows 10 Enterprise on it (due to KMS activation). I installed now all the required drivers and currently stuck with "Essential System Updates for Microsoft Windows 10" (sp79567).

When I try to install that Update I get an error message saying:

Microsoft .net Framework 3.5 SP1 or greater needs to be installed for this installation to continue.

I already checked my .net version (via the following howto) and I currently have:

461808 - .NET Framework 4.7.2 (On Windows 10 Creators)

Installed. As 4.7.2 is higher then 3.5. SP1 the SP 79567 should not bring up the error message as far as I would say.

I also tried to reboot the PC, check for pending updated, installed the HP Support Assistant to check for pending updated, run the SP 79567 via "run as admin" however I still get the same error over and over again.

Any idea what I need to perform to get that update installed?

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 32,909 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BastianW

Enterprise version of Win10 is only LEGALLY available through corporation that has a license with Microsoft.  If you obtained yours legally, then you need to contact the IT department of your corporation, as they would be responsible for maintaining the OS on your PC.

If, instead, you are using a personal KMS function to bypass activation on your PC, this is PIRACY -- and we do not support that, here.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BastianW
Author
Level 5
177 164 12 30
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WaWood

thanks but I´m the IT department in our company... keep noted that I didn´t wrote that I bought the notebook for myself. I bought that one for a new user... our users do not have admin rights or access to the Windows 10 Enterprise installation medium... (By the way most users do not really care to install the latest HP updates as long as the device is working... but that might my experience, I would like to install all the updates / drivers to ensure we do not run into any issues.)

Keep also noted that I do not asked for help with the KMS installation or anything else (where i would open a premier case with Microsoft for). I need help to install the HP update on the device.

So can you please help me to install the required updates on the PC? Because I do not wish that we get an issue with the device and then found out that we miss an important HP update. The new VIP wouldn´t be happy with his new device...

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation