Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-25-2017 03:55 PM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Notebook - 15-af123cl wherein you get error 0x80070032 after notebook start-up.
I suggest that you perform a Hardware diagnostics by following the steps listed below:
Use the following steps to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to the main menu.
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
- The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
- In the main menu, click component test.
- Then click on hard drive test.
- Select the Quick Test to perform a quick check of the hardware.
- Select the Extensive Test to perform a full check of the hardware. This test might take 2 or more hours to complete.
- While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for the component is shown on the screen.
- If component passed, exit from that screen.
If a component fails a test, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp
You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.
Let me know if this works.
You have a good day ahead.
02-26-2018 05:54 PM
I followed the steps as you prescribed, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI), component test. hard drive test. then the Quick Test, and finally, the Extensive Test. All the components PASSED. Am still receiving sign-in error 0x80070032 after start-up, and after several restarts. Any more suggestions?