Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Product number C2N50UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

current bios for notebook, as per above

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Eddy,

Thank you for the link, downloaded an in the process of testing

larry12s

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello larry12s,

The most recent BIOS update available for this device seems to be version F.2A Rev.A.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77491.exe

You can also try holding down Windows key + B (Or V) key upon startup for an automatic BIOS recovery/update. Note that this function may not be available on all devices.

Kind regards,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Eddy,

Thank you for the link, downloaded an in the process of testing

larry12s

HP Recommended

EDDY,

When I sign on my date and time are from , when I signed off, this was happening

b fore the new bios

What could cause that

Thanks

Larry

HP Recommended

Hello larry12s,

If you boot into BIOS (F10), is the time correct? Try resetting the BIOS to defaults before exiting. 

You did say that this was happening before, so is it not happening anymore?

There may be an issue with the CMOS battery.

Regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

it was happening before new bio swas installed and is still happening.

will check cmos batt

Thanks Eddy

HP Recommended

Eddy,

The cmoss batt, is not under the service  panal, and not under the dvd

player, but I cannot remove the rest of the bottom, I loosend all of the screws, what am

I missing

Thanks,

Larry

HP Recommended

Hello larry12s,

Steps to finding the RTC (CMOS) battery are located on pages 77-78 of your computer's Maintenance and Service Guide. This seems to be a complicated process that will require you to remove multiple hardware components and flip over the system board.

The CMOS battery uses HP Spare Part number http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=637193-001

You can purchase it from the HP Parts Store: http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=637193-001

Just select your country.

Or you can choose to purchase it from online resellers. 

Kind regards,

Eddy

Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

HP Recommended

The prob is resolved , soory it took t

so long to get   back, to everyone , was in hospital with stroke, finally disassembled computer and replaced rtc battery

thanks again to everyone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.