Level 3
78 68 1 9
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Window Defender keep asking me to clear TPM after update to version 1803

HP Recommended
Hp ENVY Notebook 15t ae100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have clear tpm on window defender but it keep appear again. Is that a bug on the new version of window 10?
5 REPLIES 5
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,616 10,612 990 2,991
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a site describing how to clear that message.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update-clear-tpm-security-processor-firmware

OR

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
quilava2191
Author
Level 3
78 68 1 9
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes i follow your guide but it appear again. I don't receive firmware update but this message keep apear on my window defender. I have clear tpm many times but no fix.
0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,616 10,612 990 2,991
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did see that showing up after the Windows 10 1803 update on some PC's.  Not everyone will have the TPM chip on their PC's, however.  Hopefully M$ will have a fix

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

0 Kudos
quilava2191
Author
Level 3
78 68 1 9
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So this is a bug or not?
0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,616 10,612 990 2,991
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IDK  It will need to be sorted out after more with teh TPM chips have reported whether they are having the same problem.  I do not have any TPM hardware, so I have to wait for those that do.

I'm not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation