Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Battery is not charging upto 100 %. It charges only upto about 70 % and then says " plugged in, not charging ".

Also while charging it cycles through charging and not charging where the screen brightness keeps increasing and decreasing.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@rajdeep20

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

To assist you better please provide with the Notebook Model or Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad.

Thanks for your reply.

My product number is T9G22PA#ACJ. I am using Windows 10.

Hope you can help me.

HP Recommended

Hi @rajdeep20, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Thanks for sharing the product details.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Have you tried charging your laptop using a different adapter?

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on your PC from the link below and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Also, update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

You can update other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Check if the pin inside the DC or charging port is bent or broken.

Please perform below-shown steps to resolve the issue:
Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

Also, Try performing a hard reset on your laptop and check if it helps.

Please Shutdown the Notebook
Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot battery issues with your laptop.

If the issue still persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot, 

As suggested by you I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled , but that did not help.

I tried taking off the battery and holding on the start button for a full minute , that did not help.

My battery is now charging about 80 % and then saying "plugged in , not charging".

On battery power the computer runs upto about 70 % remainig and then suddenly switches off without any warning.

I have run Battery check on HP Diagnostics, but it says my battery is ok.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi! @rajdeep20, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned even after trying out the steps you are getting plugged in not charging error on your PC.

Did you try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers from the post I had shared previously?

Please update the BIOS and chipset drivers and check if it helps.

Also, if the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try performing a complete system recovery.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@rajdeep20 wrote:

Hello MrRobot, 

As suggested by you I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled , but that did not help.

I tried taking off the battery and holding on the start button for a full minute , that did not help.

My battery is now charging about 80 % and then saying "plugged in , not charging".

On battery power the computer runs upto about 70 % remainig and then suddenly switches off without any warning.

I have run Battery check on HP Diagnostics, but it says my battery is ok.

Regards

May I know is your issue resolved. Please help me. I am also facing same issue

HP Recommended

Nah, That did not help at all.

Now my battery does not last even for 5 minutes even though it shows 80 % charged. Seems I need to get a new one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.