Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
tlw72 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery won't charge after windows 10

I recently upgraded from windows8.1 to 10, since then my battery will not charge. I didn't have any problems before the upgrade. The only way i can get it to charge is to turn off, remove the battery and reinstall the battery before turning back on and plugging in. Still never gets 100% charge. So my only option for now is to use plugged in constantly. The laptop is less than a year old.

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @tlw72

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that your battery will not charge after upgrading to Windows 10 and you have to have your Notebook PC plugged in all the time. 

I did some research and found some documents for you based on you not being able to use the battery in your Notebook PC as it will not hold a charge. Some of the document's do say that they are for Windows 8, but will work just the same for Windows 10. 

Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge - If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced.

Testing and Calibrating the Battery  - To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this article to test your battery and calibrate it if necessary.

Managing Power Options  - This document provides information about working with Windows power plans. In addition, this document provides methods for shutting down your computer, using various power modes, and troubleshooting power issues.

Improving Battery Performance

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10.

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps and let me know if any of them work by clicking Accept as Solution. If you require further assistance, please re-post with your Notebook Pc's Model Number and I would be happy to assist you. 

Thank you!

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
dsquared1 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this is an older posting but I am having the same issue. My battery health is fine & the A/C adapter is also functional as expected. My laptop will just no longer physically charge my battery. The unit worked perfectly fine until I "upgraded" to Windows 10 (64 bit). I have tried to update all HP software including the Aug 9, 2016 BIOS update all to no avail.

HELP!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation