dcdeb Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flow.exe HUGE CPU USAGE

HP ENVY

At times, things hang for 5-6 minutes, sometimes longer -- I can't even bring up the task manager.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
13,519 12,928 1,691 4,390
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flow.exe HUGE CPU USAGE

Do an extensive system testing from BIOS/UEFI diagnostics.

https://support.hp.com/za-en/product/hp-probook-4341s-notebook-pc/5230752/document/c03467259

It'll take few hours to complete. Let me know the results.

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
janakaud Tutor
Tutor
2 2 0 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

flow.exe HUGE CPU USAGE

Had a similar issue; Flow.exe was taking up 15-20% CPU, and it was also causing Firefox (a Nightly 61.0a) to go up to 40-50% (sometimes even 70%) of CPU - the funny thing is that I had no multimedia (video, music etc) tabs open!

Killing Flow.exe would calm things down for a few minutes, but Flow would launch itself (in a minute or so) and start to wreak havoc again.

I didn't bother to try uninstalling/reinstalling; simply renamed my Flow.exe file (C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\Flow\Flow.exe) to _Flow.exe 😄

Been running with the change for several hours now, without any issues (sounds are working fine, without any CPU spikes)

Didn't restart the machine yet, will post back if restarting causes any issues 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation