01-21-2017 10:37 AM - edited 01-21-2017 10:57 AM
I am experiencing the problem same problem as many hp x360 pavilion users.. My computer will sometimes connect to wifi and other times it will disconnect after a few seconds and sometimes it doesn't even show any wifi networks to connect to even though are many networks in the area. I have to turn it off and on again over 5 times till eventually it gets wife connection. The laptop is only four months old which is why am fustrated and angry
How can I fix this? I read the above posts and don't think they helped me. Do I need to replace the wifi adapter card in my computer?
01-22-2017 10:04 AM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you :)
As I understand the WiFi keeps disconnecting or dropping on its own at random occasions,
Don't worry as I have a few steps to resolve your concern,
Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here
To use the automatic troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane.
- If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps.
- If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity lights remains off or orange, then continue using these steps.
- Click Start, type troubleshooting into the Search field.
- Select troubleshooting from the search results.
- Click Network and Internet.
- Click Internet Connections
For more steps: Click here
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
I am an HP Employee