Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 14s-dq2000 (26G78AV)

my latop does not have microsoft store and windows has tried to resolve it they told me someone at hp support could turn off my s mode i would like to see it that is possible.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Aklas 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

"They" might have told you wrong in this case.

S-Mode is a restricted version of Windows that supports getting applications from the Microsoft Store

No one at HP can switch off your S-Mode.

You can choose to leave S-mode and you can choose to install regular Windows.

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Reminder, this is a One-Way-Ticket:  Once you leave “S” mode, you cannot go back to “S” mode.

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

they told me this as they could not fix my problem where i had no microsoft store and i just reset my latop

HP Recommended

so no one could log in to my account and turn it off not even if i give my account

HP Recommended

so is this false 

Aklas_0-1672856369692.png

HP Recommended

that was from microsoft and i believe that they are trying to tell me if i got into contact to a hp worker or something like that they could be able to help me in changing my mode

HP Recommended

Hi, @Aklas 

I recommend that you read through this discussion try the steps provided on the last reply to fix the Windows Store.

Can’t access Microsoft store in Windows 10 S mode - Microsoft Community

HP Recommended

nothing has worked even when a person controlled my latop no one can find the problem

HP Recommended

Then the only other option you have would be to clean install the regular version of W10.

You can do that by making a bootable W10 USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Make the 64-bit installation media. 

You will need to use another PC running W10 64 bit to make the installation media with.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Back up any personal files you need to save onto a portable hard drive before installing W10.

You will lose all programs currently installed on the PC.

Boot from the installation media.

When you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click Next and W10 will install.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Laptop PC 14s-dq2000 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Note that if you use the above method to install W10, you will not be able to return to S-Mode unless you make the bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.