dfg424076
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

loaded with bloatware-very slow want to get rid of windows 10

17-g192dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a desktop HP elite HPE really fast but I wanted a laptop. Bought five apple notebooks 15" for family members.

I am the only one who didn't like apple so gave it to my son in law.

Bought this cheapie and it is the slowest I ever had even slower than an old compaq CQ 50.

If I can't get rid of windows ten then I will remove the hard drive and give it away to whomever wants it.

what can I do

It won't let me install windows 7 either.

It downloads the files from the install disk but then always comes up with unexpected error -to install please restart application

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

loaded with bloatware-very slow want to get rid of windows 10

Welcome to HP Forums @dfg424076,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you were finding the computer slow and are unable to install Windows 7. Happy to help.

Are you using a retail version of Windows 7?

Are you using USB or DVD to install 7?

Disclaimer: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance. You can change the configuration at your own risk.

If you want to install Windows 7 on your computer. Recommend you to boot to BIOS by tapping F10 on startup.

Check system date and time. Reset the BIOS to defaults.

Disable Secure boot and enable Legacy boot in BIOS.

Save the changes and Exit.

Keep tapping F9 on startup with the recovery media connected.

Select the media in which you have Windows 7 setup and start the installation.

Refer HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery

HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)

Also, run a system test on the computer, click here for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation