cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
20 7 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

microsoft edge

HP Recommended
hp envy m6 p-113x
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was looking at my mail and when trying to open a kink it took me to a list of browsers to use and edge wasnt there. Then i try to set default and again it was not there. How can i fix this?

Edit: I have changed the notebook info, OS and product name

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jack413,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please remember when posting to include your precise model of HP notebook and the operating system you are running. HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? What is your operating system?

I understand that want to set your default browser as edge but are not seeing it as an option. I am assuming you are running Windows 10. Windows 10 comes with Edge as the default browser. That could be why it was not on the list. Here is a link from support.microsoft.com that should help. Change your default browser in Windows 10. Please let me know the results.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
20 7 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried the solution but as pic shows, edge is not listed so i cannot set it.Screenshot (5).png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,910
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jack413,

Thank you for your response.  It is my understanding that Edge is the default browser in Windows 10.  That is likely why it is not on the list. To verify that it is a default app

• Go to Settings
  • Select System
  • Click default apps in the left pane
  • Microsoft Edge should be listed under Web Browsing
  • If not then select Edge as the new browser in the pop up 

If you are still having a difficulty, please contact Microsoft for assistance.

Microsoft Corporation  / Customer Service

1-800-642-7676

Microsoft Support Contact Us

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation