Epistimia Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

notebook HP pavilion 15-ab246ur (operating system, Windows 8.1)

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good morning! Please tell me why the notebook HP pavilion 15-ab246ur (operating system, Windows 8.1) sometimes have glitches, i.e. all the icons when you double-click the left button starts to open properties. This happens about 2 times a day. Netbook new, about a month from the date of purchase. What could be the problem tell me please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2338
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

notebook HP pavilion 15-ab246ur (operating system, Windows 8.1)

Hey @Epistimia,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand that the Touchpad acts up periodically and displays properties for all the icons when the left mouse button is double-clicked. I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Please perform a hard reset first.

Steps to do it:

1. Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  2. Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  3. Replace the battery and reconnect the charger and power on the unit.

Please check if this fixes the issue and if it does it will be great. Otherwise, I will require more information regarding this to assist you better.

1. When did it first crop up?
  2. Are you using the Touchpad of the notebook or an external mouse?

If it worked correctly before and started recently, then you might want to perform a system restore to try and resolve it. Visit this link to do it.

Link for system restore:

http://hp.care/2c1kggM

Please perform the option "Restore your computer when Windows starts normally" from the link. Try using an external mouse and see if it happens with that as well.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say thanks for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Take care and have a blessed weekend.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation