Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

notebooks

HP ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

So I am playing Counter Strike: GO on my laptop, and when someone unplugged my charger, I had a sudden drop in FPS. Is this fixable? Tried restarting it a couple of times, and nothing happened.

My laptop specs are:

intel i74510-u @2 GHz

GeForce 840m

Windows 10 Pro

12 GB Ram

I do not have any other apps open either. My laptop is not yet over 2 years in age and this happens.

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post

notebooks

Hello @AJ12341234,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post about the reduction in gaming performance on your 

ENVY m7-k111dx and wanted to reach out to you.

Since you mentioned the drop in FPS was when the power adapter was disconnected, you may want to check the power options as it may be set to reduce performance when on battery power in an attempt to extend the battery life.

If you are still noticing the reduction even with the adapter connected, you could try doing a system restore to before the issue occurred.

Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation