Honor Student
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion dv7 wont turn on but the indicator lights are blinking

pavilion dv7 1020us
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

my  dv7 1020us wont turn on. the battery is brand new and left in for 9 months, not charged.  Now it wont turn on and the indicator lights are blinking

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12360 12337 1165 2338
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pavilion dv7 wont turn on but the indicator lights are blinking

Hi @seekahill3,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. It is a great site for information and questions. I have read your post about the computer not working with blinking lights. It’ll be a delight to assist you with this.

The issue looks like a hardware failure and we need to isolate it to being software or hardware related.

Let’s perform some steps first. Try a hard reset first. Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If the computer fires up then the issue should get resolved. Otherwise, I will send you a  couple of links for further troubleshooting:

Link 1: http://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series...

Link 2:  http://support.hp.com/lamerica_nsc_carib-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series...

I genuinely hope the issue gets fixed without hassles and your computer works great. Hope this helps! Please keep me informed about it. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps, and if it does, please mark this post as an “Accepted  Solution”. Kudos would also be appreciated greatly for my efforts to help. You could simply click the “Thumbs Up” Button.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation