cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

removed simple pass, still required to enter simple pass master password on login.

HP Recommended
Pavilion D7t-7000
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I removed Simple pass and validity software, and I am still required to enter the master password that simplepass asked me to set up, I uninstalled all drivers, and software, and removed all remnants from registry, and I am still required to enter the password at login, i have done the netplwiz thing,  and bios says password is clear, so how do i remove this password requirement that i didnt have before i installed simplepass.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,532 27,292 2,413 8,897
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RAIDERNATION

Creating a password for login is a requirement of SimplePass (and other security softwares).  This is an added requirement meant (at least in part) to allow you a login method to the computer should the SimplePass program / driver / fingerprint login stop working.

HP SimplePass is used with your fingerprint to help you log into the computer without having to type in the password.

Removing SimplePass (and the Driver) does not remove the Windows requirement to type in your Password to log into the computer.  After the fact, the two are not related.

If you want to log into the computer without your Windows Password (not recommended), you can set your Windows login to bypass the password requirement.

How To Automatically Login To Windows, Without Typing Any Password

Admittedly, the described procedure uses netplwiz.exe or control userpasswords2

• You might try completely shutting down the computer and then starting it from the "off" condition.

You  mentioned that you edited the Registry -- you might want to use the Registry Export backup you made (before you edited the Registry) to re-establish your original registry settings.  

Why?

In normal cases, it is not required / recommended that you edit the Registry to remove SimplePass and / or the fingeprint driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:

Because you have removed the security software and edited the Registry -- and because you have had issues using netplwiz, I strongly recommend that before you do anything else that you create a Restore Point and an additional Admin privileged account for your computer.

Why?

If you end up locking yourself out of your main account, you can still log into the computer using the other Admin account so you can try to sort out the damage.

Related reference:

Create a User Account with Administrative Privileges – Windows 8-8.1

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

solved the problem myself, and no where in your post does it suggest any help at all, rebooting from off, does not do anything. you simply go to netplwiz check require a password , restart, then go to netplwiz again and uncheck, and restart. done!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,532 27,292 2,413 8,897
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RAIDERNATION

Having resolved the issue yourself is always good.

Thanks for posting what worked as it may help others with a similar issue.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation