Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

task host manager preventing automatic shutdown

Pavilion 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

9 times out of 10 my laptop will not shut down automatically and I have to do a 'Forced Shutdown'.  Sometimes a message will flash up 'Task Host Manager preventing shutdown'. How can I resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
3,486 2,755 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

task host manager preventing automatic shutdown

Hey @Beebop39, 

I did some digging for you about the Task Host Manager preventing your Notebook from shutting down. I found some steps from Microsoft's Support Forums that may help: 

Restart the Notebook in safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

If your Notebook was fine in Safe Mode, power into clean boot mode

Did you happen to try a System Restore back to a time when it was not occuring?

Quoted from: Task host window

To turn off Hybrid Sleep: 

1. In Windows, search for and open Power options.

2. Click Change plan settings for the power plan that is selected.

3. Click Change advanced power settings.
  4. Do one of the following options to navigate to the hybrid sleep settings:
  • Clicking the plus sign (+) next to Sleep 
  • Clicking the plus sign (+) next to Allow hybrid sleep, then select Off from the drop-down menu, and then click OK

To turn off Fast Startup please follow this link.

If you require further assistance, please come back on and re-post. I would be more than happy to help! 

If this reply helped put you in the right direction or one of the solutions was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution button. If you want to give me a virtual high five, please click the Thumbs Up icon below. 

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums community. 

Have a magnificent day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation