Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with my laptop hp 15s-fq1142ns.

Screen seems to be OK, but when I move the mouse it start with noisy lines,  getting black and blinking.

20240501_114108.jpg

20240501_114658.jpg

The problem appears randomly, some times it works OK for few hours, or I have problems continuously.

If I use the HDMI port and a monitor, It works OK all time.

Does some one faced this issue? How to fix it?

BR
Tomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @glich,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your laptop's display might be experiencing some hardware issues. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem.

• Update Graphics Drivers: Sometimes outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause display issues. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version provided by HP's official website.
  • Check Display Settings: Make sure your display settings are configured correctly. You can adjust settings such as resolution and refresh rate to see if it makes a difference.
  • Check for Loose Connections: Ensure that the cable connecting the display to the motherboard is securely attached. If it's loose, it can cause intermittent display problems.
  • Run Hardware Diagnostics: Most laptops have built-in hardware diagnostic tools that can help identify potential issues. Check your laptop's user manual or HP's website for instructions on how to run diagnostics.
  • Inspect for Physical Damage: Examine the display for any physical damage, such as cracks or dents. Physical damage can sometimes cause display issues.
  • Reset BIOS/UEFI Settings: Resetting your laptop's BIOS or UEFI settings to default could potentially resolve the issue if it's related to a configuration problem.

Since using an external monitor via HDMI seems to work fine, it suggests that the issue might be with the laptop's display hardware rather than the graphics card or drivers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @glich,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your laptop's display might be experiencing some hardware issues. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem.

• Update Graphics Drivers: Sometimes outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause display issues. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version provided by HP's official website.
  • Check Display Settings: Make sure your display settings are configured correctly. You can adjust settings such as resolution and refresh rate to see if it makes a difference.
  • Check for Loose Connections: Ensure that the cable connecting the display to the motherboard is securely attached. If it's loose, it can cause intermittent display problems.
  • Run Hardware Diagnostics: Most laptops have built-in hardware diagnostic tools that can help identify potential issues. Check your laptop's user manual or HP's website for instructions on how to run diagnostics.
  • Inspect for Physical Damage: Examine the display for any physical damage, such as cracks or dents. Physical damage can sometimes cause display issues.
  • Reset BIOS/UEFI Settings: Resetting your laptop's BIOS or UEFI settings to default could potentially resolve the issue if it's related to a configuration problem.

Since using an external monitor via HDMI seems to work fine, it suggests that the issue might be with the laptop's display hardware rather than the graphics card or drivers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.