Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15z-ee000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had a few instances of my very new x360 15" deciding that it knew what was going on (it didn't) and switching to tablet mode. I close the lid, fold it back up and can't get it back to desktop mode. A restart fixes it.

All drivers up to date according to HP website and the AMD Radeon driver set.

Windows 10 tablet settings appear to do absolutely nothing - changing them didn't affect behavior at all.

I searched the forums and saw someone mention success with an Intel driver for a motion control device "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver (Windows 10 v1607) "

I'm assuming the driver above is specifically for Intel based solutions, but even the Ryzen laptops must have some motion sensor to try to detect modes. No such driver is listed anywhere on the HP drivers page for this laptop.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@JG2910, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the few steps recommended below.

You can try updating Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and check if that helps.

Update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from this link. Click Here

Also, You can update other drivers on the PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, try changing a few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Also, Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manager
Expand the Display Adapter section.
Find the Display card Driver.
Right-click Display card Driver and select Uninstall.
Select the checkbox to delete the driver software for this device.
Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Lastly, Change the LastOrientation registry value.

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + R and type Regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.
In the Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Refer to this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems like this is a standard response about this issue and doesn't answer my question.

The product number is the first line of my post as well as a tag on my original post.

My question is - is the "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver" even applicable to my (AMD Ryzen) laptop?

This driver is NOT listed on the HP software and drivers page for my laptop, so I'm unsure if this component even exists in my laptop or is from a different supplier, driver package etc.

My current display and settings in Windows 10 are Rotation Lock=on, and under Tablet settings to ask before changing modes. Neither of these settings appear to actually do anything.

I don't think I'm going to uninstall display drivers or edit my registry until someone responds who has read my original post.

HP Recommended

Your question is - is the "Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver" even applicable to my (AMD Ryzen) laptop?

Not sure, if it has an intel chipset motherboard it will work.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off your HP laptop.
  2. Disconnect all external devices (printers, USB drives, etc.) from your computer.
  3. Remove all recently added internal hardware.
  4. Press the Power button to switch your HP laptop on.
  5. Once your unit starts booting, immediately press the F11 key. Repeatedly press it until you see the Choose an Option screen.
  6. Select Troubleshoot.
  7. Choose Reset this PC.
  8. You can either opt to keep your files or to remove everything.
  9. Select Keep My Files when you want to retain your data. Once you click Reset, your operating system will be reinstalled. The process may take a while.
  10. Choose Remove Everything when you want to remove all your personal files.
  11. You can opt to remove everything solely on the drive where your operating system is installed. On the other hand, you can click All Drives when you do not want to retain any data.
  12. You can also fully clean the drive you selected or just remove your files.
  13. Click Reset.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Your recommendation is to completely wipe and reset the laptop?

Why?

What will this do? What is this expected to do specifically related to this issue?

This suggestion feels like "turn it off and turn it back on again"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.