Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Auto-rotate and rotation lock/unlock error

HP Recommended
HP x360 13-s150-sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop won't automatically rotate when I rotate it. The rotation lock button in the action centre is greyed out so I cannot select it. This is the same in the display settings, I am unable to unlock the rotation lock. I have searched for answers on this and people have advised to select the 'allow auto-rotation' however I cannot find this setting in my control panel. Switching to tablet mode does nothing either.

The laptop also does not sense the screen has been rotated around and so the keyboard/mousepad are still active even when the laptop has been moved to a tablet.

I am within warranty so will just replace laptop if I can, but want a quick solution for now!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 630
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jenniferhatch,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I read your post about the Auto Rotate issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are having trouble finding the feature in the settings.

First, try reviewing the following steps, and let me know how it goes:

1. Fold the computer into tablet mode.

2. Swipe in from the right side to open the Action Center.

3. Tap Rotation lock to enable this feature.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

As mentioned in my post, the rotation lock icon is greyed out so I cannot click it or when I do nothing happens. The few times it is not greyed out and I can select, nothing happens.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 630
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @jenniferhatch,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Try installing the following driver: sp71811.exe

Then try restoring the BIOS, using this document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

Please post back with the results.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will do!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation