2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Auto rotation

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a new HP spectre 360x and the auto rotation does not work. There is no change when the laptop is rotate, put into a tent etc.  There is no enable/disable rotation in the quick setting. or under control panel display change display settings as I have seen mentioned in other posts. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 1 4
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04834681

HP X360, X2 and Split PCs - Auto-Rotation Is Disabled by Default

The computer's display does not automatically rotate when shifted.

Please refer to the following steps to enable the rotation feature on the computer:

1.Fold the computer into tablet mode.

2.Swipe in from the right side to open the Action Center.

3.Tap Rotation lock to enable this feature.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Mundutha

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!*** .

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately I do not seem to have the option to enable autorotation in the action centre action centre.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 1 4
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

As you have already gone through some research on this issue, recommending that you call the HP Support team.

Contact HP Support:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Spectre-15-ap000-x360-Convertible-PC/9256669/mode...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Mundutha

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!*** .

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
Level 7
803 779 67 162
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try pressing Ctrl+Alt+(up/down/left/right)

this should rotate the screen if it does not auto-rotate.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is what helped for me and my HP Pavilion X2 model 12-b104nc (I spent couple of days to find solution without any success, so I tried myself):

Get to Device Manager and delete following (with driver removal if applicable):

Standard device HID / Device I2C HID (all of them)

System devices / Intel® Virtual Buttons

System devices / Intel® Integrated Sensor Solution

Software devices / Lightweight Sensors Root Enumerator

Sensors / All items there

And do Windows reset

Hope it will help.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation