Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
mille773 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brightness and Volume buttons not working

HP F9H96UAR#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product: F9H96UAR#ABA

Model: 15-g012dx

I have had this laptop for about a year and a half and have had issues with the brightness buttons not working before.  Usually I could get them working again by restarting my laptop.  

Now my brightness and volume buttons won't work at all even after I restart.  I can get the brightness and volume to change in settings and by clicking the volume button on the bottom right corner of the screen, but pressing the f buttons does nothing.  The only f button that seems to be working is f1 (?).  I have looked on a bunch of forums and there is a wealth of advice regarding installing drivers, rebooting, etc., but many of the links they suggest are out of date and lead nowhere.  Can anyone help me with this?

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brightness and Volume buttons not working

Hello @mille773,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand that you are having an issue with the brightness and volume controls on the notebook.  I will be happy to assist you with this!  Do you recall any updates that were installed recently?  Have you tried performing a System Restore, to set the notebook back to its previous working state.  You can also try updating the drivers on your notebook.  You can find drivers for you product here: Drivers - HP 15-g012dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

If you are still having trouble, then try pulling up your Device Manager in the Start Menu.  Expand the Monitors section, and right click on Generic PnP Monitor.  Then click Enable.  Let me know how it goes.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation