Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't update my display drivers

Hi there,

I've been trying unsuccessfuly to update my display drivers. I've gone to the hp drivers specifically for my laptop and downloaded the recommended drivers for it ( published may 2016) but when I try to install them I get an error message saying my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this software.  I've tried letting HP Assist do it for me and I've tried doing it manually with the same result.

I can't download direct from Intel either because it detects that the drivers already in use are not generic ones and directs me to the HP site to get the tailored ones.

It is creating all sorts of problems because I can't get games like Pro Evo Soccer 2016 to run properly because it doesn't recognize my graphics properly.

My nice new powerful laptop is being hampered because of this iris chip and the inability to update the drivers to the current ones being supplied by Intel.  I wish I had noticed that the graphic chip wasn't nVidia or AMD, I'd have avoided it like the plague.

Hope someone can help me.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,583 20,528 1,886 4,528
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't update my display drivers

duke_sc

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about problems with your new HP PC and wanted to help.

You should not be having problems with a PC this new.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If HP can not fix it, then you should be able to insist on a replacement -- at no charge!

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation